Últimas novedades de productos y libros
#170683 por Brignon
25 Jun 2015, 08:22
Buff.. así visto, tiene una pintaza. Que hasta me pareció que en parte, solo podía ser cosa de la postproducción del video! :clapp: Muy bonito! (pero eso no quita que habrá que andarse con pies de plomo, comprobarlo en persona, y ver si es oro todo lo que reluce ...)
#170818 por Brignon
05 Jul 2015, 21:58
Pues... lo que se veía venir. Aclaro que yo no lo compré así que no puedo hablar por experiencia propia... pero he aquí el hilo del magiccafe con algunas de las opiniones:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... &start=270

Y quizá una de ellas algo más desarrollada:
First off, I am a professional magician. Magic generates a good portion of my income. I need an effect that works and will get me booked. This is not something I will ever use. CHANGE WILL NOT "CHANGE YOUR LIFE" I got Bandwidth by Greg Wilson a few days ago and I was EXCITED LIKE A KID GETTING HIS FIRST MAGIC TRICK AGAIN. It was well priced. The gimmicks are beautiful and the method is diabolically clever. SADLY, CHANGE DID NOT EXCITE ME ONE BIT. IT was and is a disappointment. Not lazy either (as someone mentioned above) I spent 3+ hours the other night assembling Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld. Check my other reviews and videos for credibility. ------------ANYWAYS ON TO THE REVIEW----

The packaging is very nice. Just a small printed cardboard sleeve that looks like the Ellusionist ad.
Comes with 5 gimmicked cards. Very well made.

Disappointed with the production quality. Most of the video is just Lloyd from chest level up in his apartment (it appears) with no camera man. If Brad Christian "flew the artist 5,000 miles from the UK to San Francisco" then why is there no camera man. We know you can afford it. This makes the project seem rushed to me. I have no studio and I can still get myself a camera man. Also Disappointed with the marketing techniques. The expletives in the emails (although they were censored) do not persuade me to buy a product. It reminds me of when I was younger, I got started in magic at the age of 10. Around this time my parents bought me magic from Ellusionist. They would NOT have bought me magic and I may not have been where I am today if they were sending out emails reviewing magic with expletives. Simply inappropriate.

NO LIVE PERFORMANCE. ZERO CONFIDENCE GIVEN TO GO OUT AND PERFORM THIS. AND I LOVE "GUTSY" MAGIC.

NOW ONTO THE MAGIC-

Morpheus- The color changing card. The card changes from red to blue or blue to red. They teach you to flash the card briefly and talk about how the card doesn't really know what it wants (to be red or blue). You then flash it briefly and allow the spectator to see the card changing color back and forth. This is not a strait up red to blue change. Although it can be done like that you would risk exposing the method trying to do a strait up color change. This is OK The change looks good and I could see it possibly working if you just flash it real quick and use proper patter about the card being confused or what ever patter you like. The red color of the card is slightly darker than a real card and does not look real. (To me)

FORGE-
You get 2 half dollar size coins "printed" on a card. You must cut them out yourself. One changes from heads up to tails and is rather useless in my opinion. Lloyd did suggest a cool effect such as placing the coin on heads, putting it in between glass in the spectators hands and then making it change to tails. This would work. But who is carrying around small glass plates? Unless you're performing my effect from 8 years ago. Liquid! (:

The second coin changes from a half dollar to a penny. This looks good. The only problem I have is that you change a half dollar to a penny. BUT THE PENNY IS THE SAME SIZE AS THE HALF DOLLAR. Something just wont be right in the spectators heads when they see this giant penny. Also not sure of the point of this gimmick because in order to end clean you must still do a switch. I would rather use a coin sh*** or a retention change.

TRANCE THE BLURRED KING-
This effect could work. You show them a king and then take control of their vision and make the king out of focus briefly, then it comes back into focus.. This is another one like Morpheus where you flash the card and do the blurring rather quickly. The idea is angles don't matter because the card is supposed to be going in and out of focus. Lloyd suggests talking to the spectator about being drunk or if they have ever been drunk (which may be the only time this effect will work). If you perform this and Morpheus in a short flashy way you should be okay.

Freefall- headphones through card--
This one may work. I feel that this is the only one that can't be performed surrounded because every ones eyes will see the ipod cord slightly differently or possibly not at all. There is a cut in the demo because LLoyd filmed it himself AND the cut also hides one sleight you must do for the trick to work. Also, who carries headphones anymore? I was racking my brain thinking of friends who wear headphone and guess what? No one close to me uses headphones. I use headphones but they are black and the gimmick card cord is white. The last person I saw using headphones was the gentleman walking laps around Panera Bread or the mall You're better off making your own gimmicked iPod cord and doing this with sleight of hand. It would look a million times better with a real iPod cord. But If you perform this for a few people you may get good reactions.

Icarus The moving angels-

This effect looks cool and is probably the one card that I would use out of this entire set. Although after seeing this I prefer Matt Mellos WINGS. The flying angels just seemed more elegant. But Yeah, this one looks good.

Daniel Madison sits in on 2 of the effects and offers some good gambling sleight of hand advice for cleanup. He teaches a drop change briefly that I think is cooler than any of these gimmicked cards. He also indirectly says that there is heat on the gimmicked cards by saying "not that there would be heat on the card but you could do this instead" type of thing. They are also all of a sudden in a studio with a camera man now. The music is much louder than the audio from Lloyd causing me to constantly change the volume.

Wrap up-
These cards are slightly darker than real cards and have a shiny appearance that normal cards do not give off. To me this effect is not a worker. Hence the reason why I am giving it away.(Watch my video to find out how to win).
All of these effects are meant to be done quickly. Like the card is only supposed to be in play for a brief moment then switched and handed out for examination in order to end clean. I like to compare it to how sometimes it is better to animate a dollar (barely moving it) instead of fully levitating it because levitating it almost seems too impossible. That's how these cards are, too impossible. I feel like your spectator will immediately jump to the conclusion of trick cards unless you just animate a little bit. Also the animation requires you to do the move that makes the trick work. This is not too big of a deal because the range of motion needed is rather small but it could still pose problems.
Do not buy this trick. Instead buy any of the Art of Astonishment books.

En resumen de las opiniones que se vierten en ese hilo,... lo dicho: no es oro todo lo que reduce y la gente está desencantada. Ya sabéis, la gente se emociona haciendo los trailers y luego pasa lo que pasa...
#170819 por El Gran Pantuni
06 Jul 2015, 04:47
Pues mi gozo en un pozo :cry:
#170836 por P.PLAZ
06 Jul 2015, 23:37
Todo el mundo pone primero el vino bueno... con tal de venderlo...